Saturday, December 1, 2012

Abstinence - no thank you....

I've been looking at the first 2 of the 8 limbs of yoga again... and again...

Respect, love, no violence.... values that have been copy - pasted in each religion - no need to argue. They should be a standard in everyone's life.

But then .... the whole "sense control" thing - why? Why is sexual abstinence always a critical success factor to show a certain devotion?

I believe the whole abstinence thing was designed for men who aspire a certain respect not loose their credibility in the years their hormones are having a party - or during the afterparty in their 40's. Would you believe a priest that had his share of the community (if you know what I mean)? Maybe this is linked to the whole karma thing again....

It's a good thing my objective is to be more of a Western-yogi - focussing on the 3rd limb of yoga, the asanas (body postures). Which doesn't mean that the first 2 limbs don't matter to me - most of it is already integrated in my life - but I'll skip the whole abstinence part - thank you very much.

And I'm sure it will not be the only part I am skipping....

No comments:

Post a Comment